Are all possible Australian addresses listed in the AddressFinder database?
AddressFinder is Australia's most comprehensive address database with over 17.5 million official records. We achieve this by using the G-NAF database from PSMA, and the PAF database from Australia Post.
This means we have all the Australian addresses for:
- Sending a letter or parcel with Australia Post
- Using a courier firm to deliver a parcel
- Finding a residential address for address verification purposes
- Searching for the address of offices and other commercial premises
- Identifying addresses in rural locations
- Looking up a PO Box, Locked Bag, etc style address
We supplement these official records with around 190 million alias addresses - these are sourced from the many combinations of historic street and suburb names, as well as vanity and neighbouring suburbs that can occasionally be used. These alias records all point to the official address so that the you can always rely on the addresses you collect with AddressFinder.
With a combined address dataset of 212 million official and alias addresses, you'll find AddressFinder is the best choice for finding any address.
Which addresses could be missing?
There will be new properties that are yet to make it into either of the Australia Post PAF or the PSMA G-NAF databases. Local authorities work with both Australia Post and PSMA to add these addresses, who are normally quick to get these included. They will then be added into the AddressFinder database soon after their database updates are released.